There is hardly a person who doesn’t know someone dealing with a disability, disease, chronic illness, or other form of personal suffering. The Beyond Suffering Bible is the first study Bible to directly address those who suffer and the people who love and care for them. From bestselling author, singer, and radio host Joni Eareckson Tada and the experts at Joni and Friends Christian Institute on Disability, the Beyond Suffering Bible is filled with thousands of notes and features that invite you into a conversation about suffering and its place in your life. Each feature has been carefully created to provide you with valuable information, meaningful encouragement, and challenging applications as you encounter God’s Word.
In 1967 Joni Eareckson Tada was injured in a diving accident at 17 years old, leaving her in a quadriplegic state with minimal use of her hands. After two years of rehabilitation, Joni re-entered the community with new skills and a fresh determination to help others in similar situations.
Joni and Friends began in 1979 at Joni’s house as she and her friends responded to the many questions and needs pouring in from families affected by disability who read Joni’s books or had seen the movie of her life. From the beginning, Joni, her staff, and volunteers devoted their energies to developing Christ-centered programs and services which would help meet the spiritual and practical needs of disabled people and their families, including Family Retreats, the distribution of wheelchairs and Bibles worldwide to people affected by disability, and church training at local and national disability ministry conferences. Joni and Friends continues to reach out around the world to people and families affected by disability with the love of Christ and the practical help they need.
- Full text of the New Living Translation (NLT)
- Devotional readings helping you discover God's answers to your most difficult questions
- "A Word From Joni": articles reflecting her heart for God in the midst of suffering
- "Profiles": articles on people in the Bible who struggled with suffering
- "Connection Points" notes: study notes helping you connect with a biblical theology of suffering
- Fast and easy to use
- Flip back and forth from your Bible to note-taking during lessons with one touch and not miss a thing
- No internet connection needed for downloaded Bibles, Study Bibles, Commentaries and Devotionals
- Use either Study mode or Parallel mode.
- Select, copy and paste multiple verses easily and quickly
- Quick navigation either by using predictive entry or table of contents
- Margin notes allow you to write notes for a specific passage
- Night mode for low light reading
- Both word and verse selection for highlights
- Facebook and Twitter sharing
- Highlighting allows readers to easily emphasize verses or passages
- Full-text search by OT, NT or current book allows users to quickly find words and study topics
- Bookmark your favorite passages for quick future reference or make your own personal studies
- Powerful folder system allows users to organize notes and bookmarks
- History folder and back button
- Portrait / Landscape mode
- Cross references by tap and hold underlined words in the NIV and NASB
- Font sizes can be easily changed
- Easily e-mail notes to yourself, friends or family
- NIV, ESV, NKJV, KJV, and NASB are red-letter editions, which can be optionally disabled
- Users can expand Bible translations library easily and affordably through in-app purchase
- Split-screen capability for parallel translations
- Autoscroll with adjustable speed
- Synchronize all your notes, bookmarks, margin notes and highlights across all Android devices
Are we missing any features you would like to see? Do you have any suggestions? Email us at email@example.com