[Deoksugung, in My Hands] is an AR (Augmented Reality) unmanned tour guide system for cultural treasures. You can usethe system at the site for information about Deoksugung treasures.
It uses images that your smartphone’s camera takes and add 2D-3D objects to these images and with the assistance of a 3D cultural treasures guide (character), the system provides a very accurate tour guide service, which is almost the same as having a real tour guide at tourist destinations.
*Languages: Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese
1. Providing contents of a tour guide about cultural treasures
- Using different contents such as images, texts, video clips to make storytelling for a tour guide on your smartphone.
- Tour guide of the cultural treasures is modeled as a 3D character, AR storylines are made of information about cultural treasures and to make AR even more realistic, we built 2D and 3D objects to add on.
- Diverse contents of the cultural treasures are provided to the user through the latest smartphone-related techniques such as AR.
- It covers a broad range of users and offers many tour guide modes (Normal mode, Personal mode, and Quest Mode).
2. Local area tour guide service
- Information about tourist sights, restaurants, accommodation and events around the areas of the cultural asset is provided to visitors through the Tour API connection.
- Location-based service offers a navigation function of checking the current location and directions (Map) to tourist sights.
3. Cultural asset Guideboard QR Code Recognition Service and Social Network Services (SNS)
- QR code recognition service for cultural asset guideboardsis provided that visitors can leave comments about QR codes
- Questions about cultural treasures can be answered via Twitter.