HERE Tracker is a reference application that allows a smartphone to connect to the HERE Tracking cloud, emulating a IoT device. To start, obtain HERE Tracking credentials from the web at tracking.here.com. Once provisioned with those credentials, this app reports the phone's location and other telemetry at user-defined intervals. Just like purpose-built IoT tracking hardware, the location and history can be seen in the HERE Locate Android app or the HERE Tracking web app (app.tracking.here.com).
- Provision your HERE Tracker app with unique access credentials using the HERE
- Tracking cloud
- Securely connect the app to the HERE Tracking cloud to send the current location data and telemetry
- Sends updates at user-defined intervals while running in the background
- Offline tracking, with different update and data-transmission intervals to limit battery usage
- Override the update sending interval if the device is moved beyond a predefined distance
- HERE Positioning and crowdsourcing support
NOTE: Please make sure the HERE Tracker app is allowed to run in the background on your Android device. Be aware that, depending on your device and its power management settings, the OS may nonetheless occasionally close the app; it will then need to be restarted.