The Knysna Municipality Citizen Engagement Application allows the Municipality to effectively connect, communicate with, and service citizens across all socio-economic strata by delivering mobile application services to every type of mobile phone (smart and non-smart) and all digital devices.
The benefits of using direct channels of communication, particularly via mobile devices, for the Municipality is fourfold: the technology can improve management; it promotes a greater understanding of Citizens; it reduces the costs of public participation and ultimately it will improve service delivery.
The benefits for the citizens are that they have a direct channel of communication with the Municipality; are able to interact with the municipality and have access anytime and anywhere – all at reduced costs in time and money.
These are some of the features and functions you can expect when using the Knysna Municipality Citizen Engagement Application:
• Notifications – Contextualised communications from the Municipality
• Fault Logging – You can log faults or queries directly from the App
• Agent Chat – Live chat to a Citizen Support Agent
• Click to Call – A list of important contact numbers for the Municipality’s various divisions that can easily be dialled directly from the App
• Twitter Feed – In App access to the Municipality’s Twitter communications
• Feedback – Option to send any type of Feedback directly to the Municipality
• Share – Ability to virally Share the App with your friends and family
We hope you enjoy using the Knysna Municipality Citizen Engagement Application and we look forward to receiving your Feedback.