There appears to be a wide range of Mother of the Bride Gowns these days for the luxury or expensive end of the market, aimed at, dare I say, those posh stylish weddings that cost half the national debt. However, not everyone has the budget to splash out on designer fashions which are more often than not the most expensive gowns available.
So what to choose if you are helping your daughter to plan for a budget wedding without compromising on style and elegance?
1. You don't want to outshine your daughter, after all it is her fairytale wedding and you'll want to enjoy her being in the limelight and the centre of attention, so discuss the colour scheme with her before you start hunting for the ideal outfit.
2. Together decide on a colour or hue within the chosen theme, one which you know will complement your skin colouring, your daughter will want to see you looking your best on her big day and you don't want to feel or look washed out.
3. Decide upon a style to have in mind before you start gown hunting. Having a style in mind will keep your eye from wandering towards styles that won't suit you and avoid the temptation to buy something you really won't like when you get it home,
4. If you are a firm figured, younger mother of the bride all gowns will no doubt look fabulous on you, so go for the style that you know suits you best but ensure you don't look as young as the bride.
5. For the more mature mother of the bride choose gowns that are sophisticated in cut and shape, not too figure hugging and perhaps pay attention to your neck, upper arms, tummy and thigh areas and look for a style that either covers those troublesome spots or can be worn with a jacket or wrap.
6. Instead of buying your gown why not hire one for the day or why not visit a charity shop in your nearest affluent area, where bargains on designer wear can be easily found for the budget conscious.
7. Need a hat? Borrow one from a friend if possible, or again, rent one out for the day. Don't forget to match the hat colour to your gown, in fact take your gown with you to make sure that you are matched to perfection.
8. Finish off with jewellery, a handbag and shoes, again colour match to your gown and hat if you have one, to avoid a clashing catastrophe.
9. Do check in with your daughter if she hasn't been shopping with you, just to make sure she is really pleased with your choices, which will make you feel great too.
10. If you think smart you will be able to find Mother of the Bride Gowns in a variety of places or you could buy affordable separates from a good high street store, add some clever accessorizing and you can jazz up the plainest of gowns.
These are my 10 top tips for choosing "Mother of the Bride Gowns" on a budget.
Enjoy your shopping experience and your daughter's big day with style and elegance.