***Now compatible with Android 7.0 Nougat and additional tablet devices.
App Permissions Install Settings Note:
• We do not collect or use any personal information. There are, however, some permissions necessary for the app to function properly.
1. Photos/Media/Files – This allows the app to store the medical content and multimedia for offline use without requiring the user to reload all the large content when the app updates.
2. Device and App History – This is used only to keep the app and content up to date.
3. Identity –Given privacy concerns, this feature has been reprogrammed and the permission has been removed in this release.
We provide the entire content of the Manual which can take from 5-10 minutes on wifi to download and install.***
The amount of clinical information currently doubles every 18 months and the pace is only getting faster. Stay ahead of the curve with the MSD Manual Professional App.
The MSD Manual Professional App provides health care practitioners and students with clear, practical explanations of thousands of conditions in all of the major medical and surgical specialties. It covers etiology, pathophysiology, and options for evaluation and treatment.
After the initial install, the app will download a large amount of content when opened for the first time. Thus, we recommend downloading the app while connected to wi-fi.
The trusted MSD Manual Professional medical app offers:
• Thousands of topics written and updated regularly by more than 350 academic physicians
• Photos and Illustrations of thousands of disorders and diseases
• ”How to Do” Videos on numerous outpatient procedures and physical examinations. Concise instructional videos by medical experts on these key topics:
o Casting and splinting techniques
o Orthopedic examinations
o Neurologic examinations
o Obstetric procedures
o Outpatient procedures (including IV lines, tubes, catheters, dislocation reductions and more)
• Quizzes* check knowledge of medical disorders, symptoms, and treatments
• Interactive Case Simulations* test ability to treat a specific patient over the disease course
• Medical News* covering the most current and important medical topics
• Editorials* written by top medical experts
*Internet access needed.
About MSD Manuals
Our mission is simple:
We believe that health information is a universal right and that every person is entitled to accurate, accessible and usable medical information. We have a responsibility to protect, preserve and share the best current medical information to enable more informed decisions, enhance relationships between patients and professionals, and improve health care outcomes around the world.
That’s why we are making the MSD Manuals available for free in digital form to professionals and patients around the world. No registration or subscription required, and no ads.
This mobile application is intended for Healthcare Professionals outside the United States, Canada, its territories and Puerto Rico only.
This app was built and tested specifically for Version 1.3. For more information please read the End User License Agreement at
For more information about our privacy practices, please see our privacy commitment at http://www.msd.com/about/how-we-operate/privacy/transparency-and-privacy.html
Adverse Event Reporting: Countries outside the United States may have specific procedures in place to address reports of adverse events. Please contact your local MSD office or local health authority for more information.
- 54 ×