65,000 definitions. 1,200 color images. 33,000 audio pronunciations. 100 videos. Patient Care Statements & patient teaching requirements.
Download the FREE app and view selected topics
- Approximately 10% of the content is viewable in the free app and tapping on the locked topic will launch the in-app purchase screen).
ABOUT: Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary
Based on: 23rd Edition
Editor : Donald Venes, MD, MSJ
Publisher : F.A. Davis Company
Taber’s brings meanings to life. Put the language of nursing, medicine and the healthcare professions at your fingertips. In hand, online, or on your mobile device—anywhere and everywhere, Taber’s 23 is the all-in-one, go-to source in the classroom, clinical, and beyond.
Under the editorial direction of Donald Venes, MD, MSJ, a team of expert consulting editors and consultants representing nearly every health care profession ensures that the content reflects the most current healthcare information.
- Videos and animations—demonstrate common procedures, a brief physical assessment, and physiological processes
- Over 33,000 audio pronunciations—build speaking confidence.
Must-know, rarely memorized information.
- Appendices for normal reference laboratory values and prefixes, suffixes, and combining forms, as well as abbreviations, symbols, and units of measurement, documentation system definitions, and complementary and alternative medicine as well as nursing-focused resources.
- Full-color illustrations of anatomy and physiology, and photographs of diseases and disorders photographs focus on the distinguishing features of diseases and disorders.
The tools for success.
- Patient Care Statements —Quick-reference summaries detail assessment, treatment, and patient teaching requirements.
- Caution/Safety Statements —An easy-to-find icon highlights information critical to safe patient care.
- Disease/Disorder Entrie s—Concise descriptions summarize diagnosis, signs and symptoms, etiology, treatments, and prognosis.
- NANDA-I (2015-2017)—The complete list of all of the nursing diagnoses makes reference quick and easy.
Great resource for nursing students! “The Bible for Nurses creating care plans! Has everything you will need; disease definition, symptoms, NANDA's, interventions. A must-have for students!” —Dora Duran
Required textbook for first-year nursing school, but it will serve me well for many years —PD Smith
Locate a disease, symptom or medication in the fastest possible manner:
- Navigate using multiple indices
- History to open frequently visited pages
NEVER FORGET ANYTHING:
- Add notes to topics
- Voice memos