uPod is a full featured podcatcher for Android with a beautiful, cover art centric Android 5 design and a unique inbox concept to handle new episodes. It provides everything you need to consume podcasts including an extensive podcast catalog with search capabilities, automatic media handling, integrated audio playback speed control and more.
This version is completely free without ads, spyware or other nasty stuff. Yes, even extended features like the audio playback speed and volume gain are available for free. If you like uPod please rate it at Goolge play, tell your friends about it and/or purchase the premium license which adds the following premium features:
▪ Cloud backup and cross device sync of playback positions, playlist and episode states tied to your Google account
▪ Chromecast support
▪ Chapter navigation (MP3 and M4A)
▪ Sleep timer (stop and end of chapter, episode or after some time)
▪ Podcast specific settings (e.g. auto add to playlist, only keep x latest episodes)
▪ up to two specific sync times per day
▪ Audio playback with speed control¹ and volume gain¹
▪ Video playback (including audio only option)
▪ Chapter support for MP3 and M4A/AAC/MP4 files
▪ Support for bluetooth headsets and headset controls
▪ Offline show notes
▪ Drag-and-drop playlist
▪ Coverart centric, podcast colored user interface
▪ Effective inbox workflow for assorting new episodes²
▪ Full automatic download
▪ Resumable downloads
▪ Automatic media file cleanup
▪ Lock screen and notification playback controls
▪ Support for Android Wear (control playback from your watch)
▪ Podcast subscription management
▪ Extensive podcast catalog with search capabilities
▪ OPML import and export
▪ Responsive layout (looking great on phone and tablet support)
▪ Material design (Lollipop/Android 5)
▪ English and German translations
¹) Audio playback speed control and volume gain requires at least Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
²) Inbox: If you have podcasts for which you cherry pick episodes, then the optional »New« view is for you. It displays all new episodes and you can chose for single, all or selected episodes whether you want to save them for later or mark them as finished.
Visit the support site to get help or vote for missing features.
Please contact me through the support site if something isn't working as expected.
See http://upod.mobi to learn how to follow me via RSS, Google+ or Twitter.
The following is a list of the permissions required by uPod and what they are used for:
Internet access: Fetching podcasts, downloading media files, syncing, sending crash reports
View network connections: automatically start/stop sync/download when connection state (not connected/Wi-FI/mobile) changes
Accounts: select the Google account to synchronize your playback positions, playlist and episode states with (only premium version)
Read/write external storage: store episode downloads and cache coverart
Prevent from sleeping: keep audio/video playing in the background, perform sync and download in the background
Run at startup: schedule sync as soon as the device started
License check: check whether you've purchased the premium license