AAC Bestie is a speech application which verbalizes what a user has typed from a keyboard of pictures. AAC Bestie was designed with children, parents, SLPs & caretakers in mind. The app features a simple user interface, pre-saved keyboard for speakers of different levels & over 20,000+ symbols to choose from for creating new buttons if desired.
AAC Bestie supports over 20 languages such as English (including Australian, UK, Irish, US & South African accents), Spanish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Hebrew, Polish, Russian, Chinese & other languages.
For most languages, the user is provided with a choice of different voices (male vs. female, etc.) In addition, the rate & pitch of each voice can be adjusted allowing the user to further personalize their voice.
AAC Bestie contains a growing number of pre-programmed keyboards, folders & phrases which speed up communication. In addition, recent phrases are easily accessible should a user need to repeat something they have said. Additional phrases can also be saved to Favorites by the user for easy access.
Note additional voices on your device may need to be enabled in Settings. If so, you can do so in Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> Speech -> Voices.
Data connection is not necessary for AAC Bestie to function, so a user never gets stuck without their voice.
We hope you love AAC Communicator. If you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to reach out – firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be offered to purchase a subscription to AAC Bestie that will unlock premium functionality including additional pre-saved groups of phrases & ability to create your own. Description follows:
- AAC Bestie Subscription
- Monthly renewals
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription
AAC Bestie uses the SmartySymbols library of symbols.