An Antibiotics dosage calculator.
A universal application (iPhones & iPads).
In English & in French.
This application provide health care professionals with a method to create your own antibiotic dosage calculator.
After you have entered the data you choose about an antibiotic, it will be saved in the application database.
Those data consists of:
- Antibiotic pharmacologic name.
- Your preferred name.
- Choices of usual dosage (mg/kg/day) - 4 choices
with a maximum dosage (mg/day) for each choice.
- Frequency to be given (DIE, TID, q8h ...).
- Alert messages about creatinine clearance limit values.
- Alert messages about patient age.
- FDA safety category for pregnancy.
The proper dosage of an antibiotic is calculated with weight and creatinine clearance values.
Creatinine clearance is calculated using multiple equations.
For adults: The Cockroft, MDRD, CKD-EPI and Mayo-Q equations. For children: The Schwartz, Counahan, Traub and Shull equations.
The Lean Body Mass calculator uses the James equation for adults and the Peters equation for children.