Looksee AR for Cornwall, England, is an Augmented Reality (AR) viewer used to find places of interest from close up to 10km away directly within your phone's camera view and add fun, knowledge and interest to your adventures and tours.
Ideal for both tourists and locals wishing to explore and find out more about their surroundings and beyond: whether by foot, bicycle,car, taxi or Uber!
It's simple to use - you just point and go! It includes a choice of Map or Satellite Image in view and a Search function to help locate things.
Once downloaded no wi-fi or cellular network is necessary, so you can use when out and about in Cornwall, even when there is no or poor signal coverage.
This version, for Cornwall in South West England, locates places in and around the county. Cornwall forms the westernmost part of the South West Peninsula of the island of Great Britain. The furthest southwestern point of the island is Land's End; the southernmost point is Lizard Point. Cornwall has a population of 556,000 and covers an area of 3,563 km2 (1,376 sq mi).
This App reaches a rectangle stretching from and including Bude in the North East to Penzance the South West. It includes Bodmin Moor inland aswell as the Penwith, Roseland and St Agnes Heritage Coasts. In-fact it includes everywhere in the region including the cities and towns of Bodmin, Bude, Callington, Falmouth, Hayle, Helston, Launceston, Liskeard, Newquay, Padstow, Penzance, Redruth, Plymouth, Saltash, St Austell, St Blazey, St Ives, Torpoint, Truro and Wadebridge.
Categories that can be viewed and selected include Tourist Attractions, Hills, Lakes, Parks & Woodlands, Cities, Towns, Suburban Areas, Villages & Hamlets, Cafes, Restaurants, Cafes, Airports, Train & Major Bus Stations, Municipal Buildings, Places of Worship, Historic Sites and Museums & Arts.
Some of the helpful Looksee features include:
- Interactive objects (that you can touch for more information on them)
- Magic EYE (to declutter the visuals and select only objects within)
- Satellite or Map image in view (can select which or disable completely)
- Search menu (with on-screen directional arrow and indicator graphics)
- Filters menu (using which the categories of points of interest you wish to display can be easily filtered out or selected)
- Distance slider (for an interactive depth of view filter up to 10km)
- Zoom (using an on screen pinch to zoom gesture)
- Snap-shot camera (for annotating your photos)
- Video recorder for saving and sharing interesting places on social media (accessed by holding the camera icon for 1 second)
- Radar view of everything around you on map (hold face down)
So please enjoy adding interest to your Cornwall Cornish outdoor adventures!