Looksee AR for Devon, England, is an Augmented Reality (AR) viewer used to find places of interest directly on your phone camera's screen and add fun, knowledge and interest to your adventures and tours.
Ideal for both tourists and locals wishing to explore and find out more about their surroundings and beyond: whether by foot, bicycle,car, taxi or Uber!
It's simple to use - you just point and go! It includes a choice of Map or Satellite Image in view and a Search function to help locate things.
Once downloaded no wi-fi or cellular network is necessary, so you can use when out and about in Devon, even when there is no or poor signal coverage.
This version, for Devon in South West England, locates places in and around the county, and includes over 11,700 Places of Interest.
Devon encompasses sandy beaches, fossil cliffs, medieval towns and moorland national parks. The English Riviera is a series of picturesque, south-coast harbour towns including Torquay, Paignton and Brixham. The South West Coast Path follows the coastline, taking in the towering cliffs of the northern Exmoor Coast and rock formations on the fossil-rich southern Jurassic Coast.
This App reaches a rectangle stretching from and including Lynton in the North East to Plymouth the South West. It includes Dartmoor National Park and Blackdown Hills, East Devon and Tamar Valley Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB). In-fact it includes everywhere in the region including the cities and towns of Barnstaple, Bideford, Brixham, Dartmouth, Exeter, Exmouth, Newton Abbot, Painton, Sidmouth, Tiverton, Torquay and Totnes. It even includes most of Exmoor and stretches to Taunton in Somerset.
Categories that can be viewed and selected include Tourist Attractions, Hills, Lakes, Parks & Woodlands, Cities, Towns, Suburban Areas, Villages & Hamlets, Cafes, Restaurants, Cafes, Airports, Train & Major Bus Stations, Municipal Buildings, Places of Worship, Historic Sites and Museums & Arts.
Some of the helpful Looksee features include:
- Interactive objects (that you can touch for more information on them)
- Magic EYE (to declutter the visuals and select only objects within)
- Satellite or Map image in view (can select which or disable completely)
- Search menu (with on-screen directional arrow and indicator graphics)
- Filters menu (using which the categories of points of interest you wish to display can be easily filtered out or selected)
- Distance slider (for an interactive depth of view filter up to 10km)
- Zoom (using an on screen pinch to zoom gesture)
- Snap-shot camera (for annotating your photos)
- Video recorder for saving and sharing interesting places on social media (accessed by holding the camera icon for 1 second)
- Radar view of everything around you on map (hold face down)
So please enjoy adding interest to your Devon outdoor adventures!