Users can purchase and use a variety of dictionaries, including English, Japanese, French or other language dictionaries, from the “Dictionary Store” which can be accessed from within the app.
• Batch Search (Consolidated Search) allows users to search multiple dictionaries at once.
• The display order of dictionaries used in the batch search can be customized.
• The keyboard language switches automatically depending on dictionary search groups.
• Handwriting input is possible for Japanese, Old Japanese, Kanji, Chinese, Korean, and Russian dictionaries.
• Using Pattern Search, users can search for words even if a part of the spelling is unknown.
Trace and Jump
• Users can easily jump to not only other words in the same dictionary but other dictionaries as well simply by tracing words in a definition, allowing users to go on a journey of intellectual curiosity through the dictionary as their hearts desire.
• Purchased dictionaries are shown as icons on the Collection screen.
• By opening a dictionary from the Collection screen, users can also carefully go through a single dictionary. Even in this case, users can use the “Trace and Jump” function to easily jump to another dictionary.
• The display order of dictionary icons on the Collection screen can be changed to the user's preference.
• Users can bookmark their favorite words. In addition, users can also efficiently categorize these bookmarks using the Bookmark Folder.
• By turning on Quick Bookmark, users can quickly add/remove bookmarks simply by tapping the Bookmark icon.
• In History, display frequency is automatically recorded so that users can immediately recognize words they search for repeatedly.
• Users can synchronize Bookmark and History data among all devices by turning on iCloud.
Dark Background Colors
• In addition to the standard white background color, users can also select from sepia, dark, or black backgrounds. Dark background colors improve concentration abilities.
• Users can display websites, documents, and more alongside their dictionary by using the Multitasking function on the iPad. By turning on Clipboard Search, users simply have to copy the word they wish to look up in order for the app to find that word in multiple dictionaries.
• The Dictionary Store carries a large number of full-scale dictionaries, and we plan to further improve this selection in the future as well.
• The following English dictionaries are available as of March 2019. Check in the Dictionary Store, which can be accessed from within the app, for more information on each of these items.
- Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary 9th edition (OALD)
- Oxford Learner’s Dictionary of Academic English
- Collins COBUILD Advanced Learner’s Dictionary 8th edition
- Collins COBUILD Advanced American English Dictionary 2nd edition
- Collins COBUILD Advanced Dictionary of English, English/Chinese
- Collins COBUILD Advanced Dictionary of English, English/Japanese
- Collins English Dictionary with Thesaurus
Concerning Switching Over From Standalone Apps
Users who already own standalone apps from Monokakido will be able to download the corresponding content for free by performing procedures to switch to the new app. All standalone apps can be migrated to the new app, including everything from WISDOM English-Japanese/Japanese-English Dictionary, originally released over 10 years ago, to our most recent releases.
This app product makes use of the handwriting recognition engine 楽ひら® from PUX Corporation. “楽ひら” is a registered trademark of Panasonic Corporation.
- 0 ×