Disaster Resources is an app designed to be a tool for people in Need and people wanting to help people in need. The app is a tool to help centralize relief efforts after a disaster such as a Hurricane, wild fire or flood. This tool will allow users in need to post their needs into a category. There are 6 different categories they can chose from.
1. Hot Meals: This category will allow them to request for hot meals to be delivered to their location.
2. Groceries: this category will allow them to request groceries, such as canned goods, cleaning supplies or plates, cups etc.
3. Medical Aid: this category will allow them to request medical aid to their location for such things as treatments or medical supplies.
4. Repair Work: this category will allow the user needing help to request someone come help them with repair work to their home.
5. Tree Work: this category will allow the user needing help to request someone to help them with fallen trees on their home or property. The last category is Lodging, this will allow the user needing help to request for lodging.
The flip side to the "Need Help" option of the app is the "Give Help", this will allow anyone in the area to see who needs help in any of the 6 categories and from there they can view the details and select who they can help. Once a user selects to help anyone on the list of people needing help, that listing moves off of the publics list and into the users "Task" list. From there the user giving help can manage who he has chosen to give help to. Once a user acknowledges they will give help and a task is assigned, both the give help user and the need help user are notified that they have a task.
This app will help people around the area and farther find a way to help without having to search for organizations establishing new relief efforts. At time of disasters it can be VERY unorganized and for weeks and months after the disaster people still look for someone they can help and people are still looking for help from others.