The app is free, with an optional subscription. It costs real money to develop, support and host an application. We hate adverts in apps, and would never sell your data, so offer the free version so you can try the app, and use casually. If you want a better feature set, then please subscribe. Compare the cost with the price of your next set of arrows, in fact, compare the price with your next set of FLIGHTS.
You can enter scores for rounds you have previously shot, or score a round whilst shooting. All World Archery rounds are supported and you will see your saved sight marks whilst shooting a round, so you can't go wrong (we hope).
The app tracks high scores for practice, competition conditions and tournaments, so you can easily see PBs for different conditions and bows.
Handicaps are calculated for each round shot using the official tables and your season handicaps are calculated and maintained throughout the year. The standard classification system is used, so you can see your classification for every round shot.
Importantly, your scores are YOURS, and can be imported/exported freely along with sight marks. Don't put your scores into other apps and lose them....
You can also add your own practice rounds, which will be shown in (brackets) when used and if you don't finish a round, you can either leave it to complete another time, or save it as unfinished (at this time you can't go back to a saved unfinished round however).
The app maintains a single (cloud) database for each user, which means you can run the same app on multiple phones - or - if you lose your phone, you don't lose your scores! The app is also web based, so doesn't need to be installed - although you would need to be online.
Fairly soon, the app will make more use of club connectivity - allowing users to 'join' the same virtual club and share PBs, etc.
On top of that, a club interface is being produced which will allow users publish their highs and handicaps to the records officer. See www.expertarcher.com for more details
The author is an active archer in the UK,- if you have any comments and suggestions for this app, then please let me know - the aim is to make this the only scoring app you need, and to enhance with useful features in each version.
The free version is limited to 50 scores only and does not allow you to import scores and allows a single bow to be used.
The subscription opens up the following features:
- Import scores from excel
- Store unlimited scores
- Create custom rounds
- Sign scoresheets
Please make contact if you have any issues with the app, or any suggestions for future changes.
More details on the subscription:
• Subscription period is for 12 months
• Subscription is priced at local equivalent to 0.99 GBP, accoding to iTunes conversion rates
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
- 0 ×