Perioperative Echo (pEcho) is an evidence based, procedure oriented decision support tool aimed at anesthesiologists and other providers performing transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) in the perioperative setting.
This app is organized by procedures. If you're starting an aortic valve replacement surgery, open the aortic valve section and start inputing values to assess the severity of the aortic valve pathology. These values can be used to calculate valve area and even troubleshoot replacement valves. Levels of evidence based off of publications from Journal of American Society of Echocardiography (JASE) and American Heart Association (AHA), are listed within the app.
The app includes the following sections and metrics:
Aortic valve replacement/repair:
Aortic stenosis: peak velocity, mean gradient, valve area via continuity equation, dimensionless index (DVI)
- Mean gradient
- Valve area via pressure half-time
- Estimated orifice area via PISA
- Much more, including an evidence based decision support tool for determining if a heart valve should be replaced.
Coronary artery bypass:
- LV wall motion interactive tool with corresponding coronary artery distribution
- Right ventricular fractional area change
- Diastology tools
Rescue TEE (Non-cardiac TEE)
Images and instructions on how to diagnose the following:
- Myocardial ischemia
- Pulmonary embolism
- Aortic dissection
- Dynamic outflow obstruction
- Record your TEE exams performed and reviewed
- Browse and edit your log
- Email your log as a excel file