Looksee AR for Perth, Western Australia, is an Augmented Reality (AR) viewer used to find places of interest upto 10km away directly within your phone's camera view and add fun, knowledge and interest to your adventures and tours.
Ideal for both tourists and locals wishing to explore and find out more about their surroundings and beyond: whether by foot, bicycle,car, taxi or Uber!
It's simple to use - you just point and go! It includes a choice of Map or Satellite Image in view and a Search function to help locate things.
Once downloaded no wi-fi or cellular network is necessary, so you can use when out and about in Perth when there is no or poor signal coverage.
This version for Perth, Western Australia, locates places around the city and surrounding coastal region, extending northwards past Joondalup and southwards to Bunbury on the coast and inland as far as the Mundaring State Forest. This is an area of nearly 12,000 sq miles (30,500 km2) all within one App.
All towns, districts and features within the region are covered including: Mandurah, Rockingham and Freemantle to name but a few.
In fact there are around 6,500 places of interest viewable within the App including the Swan Valley, Kings Park and Perth Zoo.
Categories that can be viewed and selected include major Attractions, Hills, Lakes, Parks & Woodlands, Cities, Towns, Suburban Areas, Villages & Hamlets, Cafes, Restaurants, Cafes, Airports, Train & Major Bus Stations, Municipal Buildings, Places of Worship, Historic Sites and Museums & Arts.
Some of the helpful Looksee features include:
- Interactive objects (that you can touch for more information on them)
- Magic EYE (to declutter the visuals and select only objects within)
- Satellite or Map image in view (can select which or disable completely)
- Search menu (with on-screen directional arrow and indicator graphics)
- Filters menu (using which the categories of points of interest you wish to display can be easily filtered out or selected)
- Distance slider (for an interactive depth of view filter up to 10km)
- Zoom (using an on screen pinch to zoom gesture)
- Snap-shot camera (for annotating your photos)
- Video recorder for saving and sharing interesting places on social media (accessed by holding the camera icon for 1 second)
- Radar view of everything around you on map (hold face down)
So please enjoy adding interest to your Perth outdoor adventures!