Sandman.MD is a user-friendly in practice clinically proven anesthesia documentation, which includes the treatment process of patient admission to the anesthesia planning and management of the anesthetic record until transfer of the patient.
Sandman.MD supports anesthetists in personalized planning and execution of its anesthesia and was honored in October 2013 with the Enterprise Mobility Award 2013 in the category of Workforce Mobility.
The documentation and recording of patient data and measured values constitutes an important task inside the daily anesthetic workflow.
Clarity, ease of use, combined with minimal training requirements , as well as the support of the anesthetic core data set for anesthesia related special occurrences are minimum requirements for an anesthesia documentation system.
Available solutions are marked so far both by high costs per anesthesia workplace, as well as a high demand for training.
The following requirements of a surgical documentation are met by Sandman.MD:
- Easy guided input of all necessary patient data
- Overview of all scheduled operations with the patient data
- Supported recording of surgical history until the transfer of the patient
- Comprehensive pre-defined collection of all necessary anesthesia basic data
- Personalization by defining own anesthetic selection groups
- Plausibility check of the entered data
- Possibility of documentation of incidents by photos (e.g. patient's condition , transfusion material , ...)
- Reduction of paper and form requirements
- Avoidance of the typical shortcomings of manual recording on paper, such as lack of legibility, spelling errors and poor reusability
- Automatic generation of a printable anesthesia protocol as pdf
- Mapping of the current version of the anesthesia core data set for anesthesia related special occurrences
- Archive for anesthesia documentation
- Transfer of all data at any time to another anesthesia workplace on an iPad
Sandman.MD and Sandman.MD Lite require iOS 7.
If a previous version of Sandman.MD is installed, the existing data will be automatically transferred during the update. Due to the adjustments and bug fixing, we recommend for security reasons, to control particularly the transferred actual data, which are not yet archived.
While updating Sandman.MD Lite, no data will be transferred.
Unlike the full version, only one patient data set can be entered in Sandman.MD Lite. Before entering a new patient data set, the existing one hast o be deleted or archived. The archive is also limited to one record. Furthermore, the transfer of data between iPad workplaces is disabled.