Your essential guide to Tasmania’s best short walks. Designed for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, this beautiful app will entice you out on the track, with all the information you need.
Tasmania is one of the world’s great walking destinations. Within the island state’s compact geography you can experience everything from jagged mountains and wild rivers to ancient forests and tranquil coasts.
Tasmania is famous for its long bushwalks, but not everyone has the time or experience to get into the wilds overnight. Enter the 60 Great Short Walks App, which shows you how to get a taste of Tasmania’s wild places, and be back in time for tea! We’ve chosen great day walks from all around the State. They range from just a few minutes to a whole day out; and from flat and easy to steep and hard.
The app features:
• over 200 beautiful photographs, sourced from experienced walkers
• over 100 brief, first-hand stories from walkers
• simple maps and other essential details for each walk
• space to add notes, and to share your experience via social media
• essential safety tips
• tips on caring for the environment as you walk
Version 1 is a LITE version, but its rich list of features will give you all you need to step out and start walking. For future releases we plan to add fuller GPS functionality, interpretive details, video clips and more of your stories.
Enjoy your walks, and please send us your feedback and ideas.