The Alert app works with the Embrace watch by Empatica. When Embrace detects a convulsive seizure the app automatically sends an alert through phone call/SMS to the designated caregivers in order to shorten first response times.
The Alert app is your reliable companion for epilepsy management.
Alert app allows you to:
• send automatic calls and SMS with your GPS location to your caregivers when a seizure is detected
• review your seizure activity and track frequency
• enable caregivers throughout different periods of the day (e.g., enable teachers or colleagues only for specific intervals or days)
• disable Embrace Light & Vibration for a good night's rest
• check on Embrace's status, battery and memory • receive notifications when updates and new features are available
• activate REST Mode to enable higher sensitivity of Embrace seizure detection when you are in restful activities, like watching TV or having a nap
EU: the Embrace Watch is a medical device of class IIa according to the directive 93/42/EEC, for patients with epilepsy or at risk of having epilepsy.
USA: Embrace is not a medical device. The Alert app is reserved for clinical trial participants only.