This app is available as free version without advertisements but with some limitations. The free version can be used for unlimited duration. It is suggested to use the free version to check if the app fits to the users needs. In case of further interest additional features can be activated via in-app purchase to enjoy the complete feature set of the app. The app is available in German and English language. The app is continously improved - since May 2015 more than 70 updates with new features (without any extra charge!) were released.
Overview (some features):
- Configure all your lights and search for new lights
- Create, edit, delete and activate scenes. Scenes are stored in your Hue Bridge and can be accessed from all your devices. Scenes can also be activated with NFC tags.
- Work with actions and place then on your home screen (turn lights on/off, change brightness, color, scene, etc.).
- Create, edit and delete timers and alarms with a lot of different actions.
- Create, edit and delete rules with a lot of different conditions and actions. Use rules to program Hue Tap, Dimmer, Presence Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor and Temperature Sensor.
- Use the integrated rule wizard to create complex rule constructions really quick, e.g. switch from one scene to the next one when you press a Hue Tap button multiple times, etc.
- Manage your Philips Hue sensors: Hue Tap, Dimmer, Presence Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor and Temperature Sensor supported. Generic Status Sensors are also supported.
- React on device events (e.g. flash lights on incoming sms or call).
- Enjoy special effects (disco, bonfire, colorloop).
- Call functions of this app from external other apps (e.g. Tasker).
- Access up to 5 Hue Bridges with this app. NEW FEATURE!
- This app requires a Philips Hue Bridge (V1 or V2).
- This app supports Hue Tap, Hue Dimmer, Hue Presence Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor and Temperature Sensor.
- This app requires some permissions in order to detect incoming calls and sms (for device events). Details about the permissions can be found in the FAQ section in the app.
- This app can only be used within the local network, because Philips does not allow third party apps to connect to the Hue Bridge from the internet. This is NOT A BUG in this app but policy from Philips.
Please feel free to participate in the community:
In case of any suggestions or technical problems the author would like to receive a mail instead of a bad rating. Ratings with 1 star without any reason or comment do not help to improve the app. Thank you!