8/10 - Indie Haven: "a brilliant, if slightly twisted, sense of humour"
Play as a rather misanthropic gamer who finds herself lured away from her computer to embark upon a real world quest: finding hidden treasure in a National Park. Annoyingly, doing this requires her to locate and reassemble pieces of a treasure map. And instead of being populated with cool creatures like giant vampire squid bats or something, the park's forests, lakes and mountains are home to the lamest NPCs imaginable.
Alone in the Park features:
- Slow-paced, low-octane gameplay that will have you fully reclined on your chaise longue
- A map to travel around around with, and a clear, visual way to interact with characters and items (no conversation trees!)
- Geographical puzzles and classic adventure game style quests
- An idiosyncratic style of humor that has never been interfered with by a publisher
- Satirical music
- Characters you're more likely to meet in real life than in a game
Please note that the game is not supported on first generation iPads.