American Literature Guide is content rich with high-level instructional text, high-resolution images, and links to musical references. Students can explore the biographies and works of major authors within each literary tradition, and by clicking "Analysis" students can see the attributes of each literary period in action as one piece of literature from that category is fully analyzed, annotated, and explained:
1. "Upon the Burning of our House" - Anne Bradstreet
2. "The Declaration of Independence" - Thomas Jefferson
3. "To a Waterfowl" - William Cullen Bryant
4. "The Raven" - Edgar Allan Poe
5. "Nature" - Ralph Waldo Emerson
6. "Richard Cory" - Edwin Arlington Robinson
7. "A Man Said to the Universe" - Stephen Crane
8. "Mowing" - Robert Frost
9. "Lost in the Funhouse" - John Barth
American Literature Guide is suitable for classroom projection from an iPad and functions equally well all recent versions of iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. American Literature Guide was written and developed by a college English professor and is appropriate for all levels from secondary through graduate-level academics.
*This full version contains no ads or in-app purchases and is suitable for Apple's volume purchasing plan.