AUD-1 pushes the boundaries of assistive listening software on the iOS platform. The app is designed to intelligently modulate the loudness of the sonic environment for the hearing-impaired user. The app processes sound received by the microphone in real-time, then delivers the processed sound via headphones. AUD-1 is based on the research-driven BioAid signal processing algorithm, to provide enhancements in both listener comfort and sound clarity. The app is highly customizable, giving the user fine-grained, yet intuitive control over the sound shaping options.
* Dual algorithm technology, allowing settings for each ear to be adjusted independently.
* Advanced connectivity options, allowing use of high quality audio peripherals to improve sound quality.
* Stereo linkage technology to preserve spatial cues when the app is used with stereo input hardware.
* Fine grain control over the dynamic range of the processed sound.
* Targeted optimization for extremely low processing delay.
* Automatic storage of preferred settings, even if the device runs out of power.
* Adjustable input and output gain controls to fully utilize the dynamic range of the device.
* Detection of accidental removal of headphones, preventing annoying feedback in public places.
* Latency testing utilities.