This is NOT the official Belkin app. You will still need their official app at least once to connect your devices to your WiFi (they use proprietary method to set your router password into the device which I cannot duplicate).
Refund policy: your app purchase will be refunded if you are not satisfied with the app or you return your devices. Check the developer site (below) for the refund procedure (it's painless).
While not as pretty as the Belkin version, this app fixes many of its problems. It runs on many more versions of Android, is faster, more stable, and uses about 1/10th the space and footprint of Belkin's app.
WeMo support: Dimmer, Motion, Light Switch, Insight, Socket. Mini, Maker, NetCam (motion only), Link, Coffee Maker, Room Heater, Air Purifier, Crockpot.
Bulbs: Wemo LED, GE Link LED, Cree Connected, OSRAM Lightify, OSRAM RGB flex and gardenspot
TP Link: HS100, HS105, HS110, HS200, LB100, LB110, LB120, LB130
ESP8266 based devices w/ custom firmware (visit the dev website)
- WemoManager app controls all of your devices while you are connected to your home wifi
- DeviceManager to configure how your devices are seen by the app and locally by alexa
- WemoDevice + WemoSwitch widgets monitor and control any device from your home screen
- WemoGroup widget for single/group device control
- WemoServer (this app, or the pc/mac/linux version) runs your rules engine and remote server
- WemoRemote and widgets connect to the WemoServer for secure remote access (wifi or 3G/4G)
- WemoSceneManager for single touch control of multiple WeMos (e.g. "Watch a movie")
- WemoLog event log viewer
- ESP8266 Manager for custom device configuration
AutomationManager works with the following apps:
- WemoLEDs for advanced control and rules for your LEDs
- WemoOnDrive adding:
- Web page including iPhone access
- advanced persistent logging on Drive
- IFTTT+Stringify including Google Home + Amazon Alexa/Echo voice support
- DscServer for DSC panel integration using an envisalink card
Protect your privacy using your Google personal cloud server for remote access, access via a web browser, voice integration, and logging. No need to rely on vendor servers or risk your privacy.
Convert an old or inexpensive low end android phone, pc, mac, rPi, etc into a dedicated INTRAnetOfThings (IoT) hub to protect your privacy and give you secure, FAST, and reliable home automation. (Note that the private Google Cloud, Tasker/Automagic, and full REST support requires android). See the MPP developers page for details.
The comprehensive WemoServer rule set: https://sites.google.com/site/mppsuite/faq/wemomanager/wemorules and help..
- Use your phone location to trigger your switches
- Get a warning via SMS or email if a switch changes state or drops from your network, or power usage changes
- Turn lights on/off or flashing when a security zone is opened/entered/closed or an alarm occurs (using the
DscServer or Tasker/Automagic)
- Use motion to trigger alarms, garage door openers, cameras, etc
- Use switches to trigger other automation in addition to sockets/lights
and much more.
For a small investment and no monthly cost, you can set up your own home automation to rival Rogers Smart Home Monitoring, Time Warner's IntelligentHome, and more. Visit the developer's site (link below) or email me for more information.