Welcome to my summer project, after two weeks of deep contemplation, I finally decided to give the app away for free. Yes! That’s right, the best app for ballroom practice in the market, FREE! Feel my love to the ballroom community around the world. I started this project mainly because my partner and I needed one ourselves, and by the time there were no good apps around. Some people use Tempo Slow which is useful but loading songs one by one is just inconvenient. So, what do engineers do when there are no handy tools around? We build one from scratch! Introducing Ballroom Player! The best app for ballroom practice with a modern and friendly user interface.
I have been debugging this app for a long time but even after that there might be bugs not discovered. You can email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to report a bug. You are also welcome to share ideas of improvement with me. My original plan for this app has a lot more minor functionalities that make the app more powerful, but they are time consuming to make and I’m really eager to put my hard work during summer into the app Store so people can start using it. There will soon be lots of updates that make Ballroom Player even better!
Mind! Even with all the potential bugs, you are still looking at two month of free time that could otherwise be used to party or find a girlfriend. So, have some appreciation. I won’t compel you to leave a good rating in the App Store cause I’m usually too lazy to do that. But if you do, my big thanks.
Share it to your ballroom friends who have iPhones! If they don’t, well~ they suck…
The interface of the app should be very intuitive, but here I still include a description of all the functionalities:
1. Tap one of the four big rectangles to directly start practicing rounds! You will find the settings for duration and break time in round settings. In Home, the music is randomly selected from musics that came with Ballroom Player.
2. You set the break and duration period by long pressing the button, and swiping from top to bottom on your screen when a “SwipeView” is presented. I created “SwipeView” just for this app!
3. You can create your own PlayList with both songs in your iPhone iPod Library and ballroom music included in the app. Long Press the Dura and Break Button to configure each song.
4. Another elegant solution — if you would like to change the order of music in your playlist, simply press on the song and move them up and down. I think you should be smart enough to figure out how to use the trash can popping out from the bottom when you do that.
5. Delete your custom playlist by long pressing it in the side menu.
6. You can change the tempo of each song DIRECTLY in the player with the tempo button. Again, long press, SwipeView.