A comprehensive dictionary with 250,000 headwords, phrases and translations
Do you talk to French or English friends in your spare time? Do you read or write in French or English in a wide range of subjects – privately or even professionally? Do you deal with French or English-speaking partners in your everyday working life?
Then the Bilingual French-English Dictionary from Barron’s is the perfect tool for you!
Who can benefit from this app?
Everyone who speaks French or English in their everyday life, their spare time or as part of their job or who works on French or English texts.
About the contents:
• Bi-directional: French => English and English => French
• Current and comprehensive vocabulary containing around 100,000 headwords and phrases and more than 150,000 translations
• With exemplary phrases that show headwords in standard contexts
• With information on language use and lots of other important information on grammar
• With info boxes for culture, country and people
• With IPA phonetics
What can the app do?
•New! Apple Watch support! Look up words and search the dictionary via Siri on your Apple Watch. Anywhere, anytime stay efficient with Barron’s dictionaries!
•New for iOS 9: You can now look up words while reading news, email, Safari sites, messaging or other popular apps! Select any text and send it to the dictionary via the “Share” button. All words available in the dictionary will be highlighted. To activate this feature, please select the dictionary as a sharing 'extension'.
• New multiple clipboard look-up! You can now copy as many words as you need while reading – even the whole text, - switch back to the dictionary app and view all the relevant dictionary entries one-by-one.
• Full text search feature allows you to look up words more efficiently, including headwords and usage examples.
• Pronunciation: Listen to numerous headwords spoken by native speakers.
• Search for English headwords in any form you like (declined or conjugated).
• Don’t worry if you’re not sure how to spell a word – the similar words or wild card search function will find what you are looking for. The anagram search is an additional function that enables you to search for words with the same letters but in a different order.
• Vocabulary lists: Add words that you want to learn to your ‘Vocabulary lists’. Use the vocabulary list quiz as a quick and effective way to learn the words!
• Jump from one language direction to the other with just one click: from ‘English => French’ to ‘French => English’ and vice versa. Access linked entries equally with just one click.
• Context menu: The translation of any word in the dictionary can be displayed directly via the context menu, the pronunciation can be listened to and a summary of word forms can be accessed via the morphology function.
• Use the history function to call up your last 500 word searches again – at a click.
• This application provides 100% offline functionality. You do not incur any roaming charges.
• New! Graphics fully adapted for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
With more than 2,000 titles in print, Barron’s Educational Series, Inc. is world-renowned as a publisher of study guides and educational resources for students of all ages. Barron’s Foreign Language Guides cover a multitude of languages from American Sign Language to Turkish, and provide language learners with a wide range of tools, including books, audio products, and online resources. Whether you’re learning a language at home, in the classroom, or looking for help when travelling abroad, Barron’s provides the solutions to all your language needs.
Founded in 1941, Barron’s Educational Series, Inc. is a privately owned corporation located in Hauppauge, New York.