Boston and Cape Cod have many of the best beaches in New England to visit, including:
- Popular salt water beaches close to the city
- Many beaches next to large towns and small maritime villages, from northern Massachusetts, down through the city to the South Shore
- Miles of sandy beaches stretched out along all sides of the Cape Cod peninsula, including on the Atlantic Ocean, Nantucket Sound, Cape Cod Bay and many smaller bays
- Dozens of fresh water sandy beaches on lakes and ponds
The Beaches in Boston and Cape Cod app provides a list of over 155 salt and fresh water beaches. Some of the most popular include Revere Beach, Carson Beach, Malibu Beach, Coast Guard Beach, Mayflower Beach and Hyannis Beaches. More than 20 of these beaches have historical lighthouses in view or a short walk, hike or drive away.
Sort the list by beach name, or sort it by distance to your location to find "public beaches near me" and the "closest beach to me."
Click a beach in the list to find it on a map and find your location in relation to the beach. Use map settings to change the map type between geometric (normal) view, satellite image view (useful for finding parking lots and walking paths) and terrain view. Click the "MORE INFO" tab to see web sites for the beach (and lighthouse, where applicable), request directions, or view weather, surf and tide reports.
You can search for keywords in the beach titles and descriptions. Try these search examples:
- To find beaches close to the big city, use the search tool to submit the word "boston"
- To find beaches in or near state parks, search for "state park"
- To find swimming on ponds and lakes, search for "fresh water"
- To find lighthouses in view, walking, hiking or driving distance from the beach, search for "light"
Plan your visits by marking your favorite beaches and filtering the master list by favorites. On the map, you can select which map markers to display: just the beach selected from the list, all beaches, favorites or search results.
This mobile app works on both smartphones and tablets, and contains banner ads.