Have you ever wondered what some of those old buildings along the canal were used for, or what wildlife lives along the canal?
We want to share with you unique views and stories of Bingley Five Rise one of the 'Seven Wonders of the Waterways’.
Look at our aerial photographs and video footage which capture a rare record of two special events in the life of the Five Rise Locks and Leeds & Liverpool canal.
Hear from people who live and work along the canal between Saltaire and Bingley to find out why it is important to them.
There are so many things to see and do along the towpath between Bingley and Saltaire and we hope this app will encourage you to get out and explore.
- Aerial video of the Locks and Aqueduct
- Listen to real memories from real people
- Stunning historic images from our archive
- Image gallery with captions
- Audio player
- QR trail scanner
- Find out how to get there
- See where you can eat and drink along the towpath
- Send a postcard from Bingley
- Share with friends via Email, Twitter and Facebook.
- Geocaching compass
About the Canal & River Trust:
In an increasingly fast-paced and crowded world, the Canal & River Trust’s historic canals and rivers provide a local haven for people and nature. We’re the new charity entrusted with the care of 2,000 miles of waterways in England and Wales.
Bingley to Saltaire Trail App created by: Canal & River Trust, Potenza Creative & Bronze Labs