SAMPLE USER COMMENTS:
"I use this awesome iPhone app nearly every day and upload my sightings to eBird." – Fred Crotte
"I find it basically effortless to use in the field and love it. It is also great to directly send a report to your local listserv from the app, which allows for your comments, list, and a link to the Google map. Very cool." – John A.
"BWD is the most powerful listing app I've used. The filtering capabilities seem especially well-suited to bird surveys and big days." – The Birders Library
"We did a Big Day –I used the app to keep track through 5 different locations –it worked great right through uploading to eBird. Love it!"– Lois S.
"BWD had been indispensable while scouting for our upcoming Birdathon. I'll use it during the event and then provide a map to our sponsors and donors to show them our route with each species' location seen. They love that!" – Laurie F.
"I find Birdwatcher’s Diary easy to use and frankly fun. You will enjoy using this app and seeing not only your lists, but also the sightings maps." – Nancy J.
The staff of SCS are longtime birders active in bird conservation advocacy. We donate 50% of the proceeds to bird conservation, education and research organizations. Since its introduction in June, 2010, we have donated thousands of dollars to worthy groups helping to preserve and improve wildlife habitat.
• One tap records a species with exact location & time. Further taps increase the count. Built-in calculator for large increments
• Intelliscroll™ switches from one- to two-letter alphabet tabs for superfast scrolling
• Upload your sightings to eBird directly from the app
• Can mark sightings as "heard only"
• Built-in, user-configurable phrase list – tap, don’t type, your notes
• Quickly switch between viewing all birds, sighted only, or not seen yet
• Save and recall daily sightings directly on the iOS device, as well as in the "cloud" with Dropbox™
• Create life lists or filter by criteria: country, state, county, location, date and more
• Import your existing eBird sightings
• View sightings map on the device, or upload the information and create your own custom Google Map to view from a desktop
• Preconfigured with U.S., U.K., and Mexican bird lists. Many country and 50 state lists available for easy download; others on request
• Lists include standard English and scientific names as well as local names (Spanish, French, etc.) as appropriate
• Easily create your own custom lists like target species for your birdathon, county CBC list, etc.
• By installing (or simply entering) new lists, software can be used for sightings of anything - butterflies, reptiles, mammals, etc.
• Built-in tool for updating checklists and archives of past sightings for renames, splits, and lumps
• Include your own bird photos!
• Full support for Bluetooth keyboards, including not just text entry but also navigation capabilities including scrolling, selecting species, and entering counts directly on main screen, allowing a list of sightings to be entered completely via the keyboard with no screen interaction required
• Full support for portrait and landscape orientations.
View a video demo, user manual, available checklists and more at www.stevenscreek.com/birdwatchersdiary.htm