These vegetables are a rich source of Vitamin A which boosts the immune system making it heal faster.. Overall they individually can tackle nutritional deficiency, hormonal changes, fungal infection, anxiety and depression and also protects from damage to the nerves that control pain and taste thus beneficial in burning tongue.
Carrots are a rich source of Vitamin A which boosts the immune system making heal faster. Vitamin C helps in the formation of stress hormones and is also required for maintenance of healthy gums, bones and teeth. Vitamin B6 present in carrot is also important for the proper functioning of the nervous system, hormone functions and also the immune system.
Yogurt With Flax Seed:
Grind flax seed and mix with yogurt and have it. Yogurt will give relief from burning sensation and will also be a filling to the stomach. Yogurt contains Vitamin B5 which helps to produce steroid hormones.
Oatmeal can be easily swallowed and is also full of nutrients. It also contains soluble fibers which help to slow the process of digestion thus giving you a filling sensation. It is a rich source of Vitamin B1 which proves beneficial in maintaining the nervous system and promotes healthy brain activity and memory. Folic acid helps to maintain the immune system and also prevents neural tube defects. It also contains Vitamin B5 which helps to produce steroid hormones.
Topical Application Of Raw Honey/Aloe Vera/ Lavender Oil
Cold Apple Juice:
Cold apple juice proves to be an effective rinse in burning tongue. The astringent properties of apple prove beneficial in soothing irritated throat and also relieve pain.
Remedies for Burning Tongue
According to some studies, psychotherapy may be an important alternative to conventional treatment, because of the psychological implications of the disorder, in a significant number of cases. There are also a number of natural remedies for burning tongue and lips that can offer relief from the pain and discomfort. These include:
• Sucking on ice or sipping on cold water to reduce the burning and pain
• Chewing on sugar-free gum to increase the production of saliva and prevent dry mouth syndrome
• Get your dentist to take care of any cavities, gum disease, or ill-fitting dentures
• Speak to your doctor about changing any medications that may be causing burning tongue syndrome
• Regular exercise such as yoga and meditation can lessen stress and anxiety that can aggravate the symptoms of burning tongue syndrome
• Using baking soda instead of commercially available toothpaste in case certain ingredients in your regular toothpaste is causing the symptoms of burning tongue
• Boil mint leaves in water. Cool and strain and place the infusion in the fridge. Drink this twice a day to reduce burning and irritation in the mouth
• You can also use this mint infusion as a homemade mouthwash to prevent inflammation. While mint has therapeutic properties that can help treat burning tongue, never chew raw mint leaves as this can cause more damage than good
• Margosa leaves contain anti-bacterial compounds that can prevent bad breath and other dental problems. You can brush your teeth with a paste made of crushed margosa leaves
• Make a paste of onion and a few pods of garlic. Add this paste to water and use this mixture to gargle daily. This helps reduce the burning sensation in the mouth and prevents bad breath
• Lavender oil applied to the mouth can offer quick relief in cases of burning tongue
• In much the same way, applying a layer of glycerin over the tongue can reduce the pain and burning as well
• Other burning tongue remedies include avoiding smoking and alcohol, and cutting down on spicy and oily foods
• Alternative remedies such as homeopathy, acupressure and herbal treatments can help treat burning tongue syndrome as well