Calvary Chapel Manteca was founded in 2008. We are a non-denominational church who hold to Acts 2:42 and Eph. 4:11-16 as the biblical basis for the purpose of the Church.
Our Statement of Faith is on our website (listed below), but here are some of our "Calvary Distinctives":
1. When the Church gathers, it is supposed to be a "disciple-making" place, not supremely a vehicle for evangelism - although the Gospel should be preached (Matt.28:19-20).
2. It's Jesus' Church. He said He would build it. That means we are not called to build it; This is why it was God who added to the early church (Acts 2:47).
3. When disciples are made, they preach the Gospel outside the church (and inside if needed). Once converts are won, the process starts all over again.
4. The way disciples are made is through the leaders equipping the saints (Eph.4:11-12), and the body using their spiritual gifts in love (Eph.4:16). We see this is Acts 2:42.
5. When the Church is engaged in that which God has called them, the Church gathering becomes a safe place to which God can add (Acts 2:42,47).
6. The primary way leaders are called to equip the saints, is by teaching them the entire Bible verse by verse (Acts 20:27; 2 Tim.3:16; Isa 28:13; Neh.8:8).
7. The Lord Jesus uses the Spirit to build, motivate, and hold His Church together. We aim to not employ manipulation, condemnation, or worldly means to "help" Him.
8. By the Spirit, we aim to shape the ministry by the people He has provided, not force the people into our idea of what the ministry should be.
9. We desire no explanation for what happens among us, except the Holy Spirit. With His grace, leading, and empowering, there should never be burn-out or striving.
10. Leaders should be servant-leaders, not CEOs. There should be nothing "below" them. If the Son of God can wash feet, ANY leader should be able to clean a toilet.
For more information, please visit our website: ccmanteca.com.