For each case, programmer strips, device settings, ECG, radiographs and / or other features (if available) can be viewed. However, in contrast to conventional paper-based cases, this app takes advantage of the full functionality of the iPad and iPhone. As such, users are able to
- Scroll programmer strips, device settings, questions, comments etc.
- Enlargen objects (rhythm strips, ECGs, radiographs etc.) for better visibility of even small details
- Easily go back and forth between different questions and answers
- Set a variety of filters, including type of device (pacemaker, ICD, CRT), manufacturer and difficulty level
- Mark special questions for further assessment and review
- Review questions and answers (with filters, e.g. in order to review only those questions with wrong answers etc.)
- Take mock examinations
- View his / her own statistics
This app will be of great value (and fun)
- for board certified cardiologists to brush up their knowledge
- for cardiologists in training
- for allied health care professionals (specialized nurses, nurse practioners, technicians etc.)
- for other healthcare professionals who wish to review and increase their knowledge and skills on cardiac devices.
The free app contains 4 sample questions. Further questions (currently total of 150 questions!) are available as in-app purchase.