Circle of 5ths is essential for all kinds of music. It is absolutely important for musicians to have a basic understanding of how the perfect 5th and intervals work in music.
What’s new on the 3rd Edition of the Circle of 5ths?
This 3rd edition includes all features from 1st and 2nd editions PLUS;
- Solfége: both fixed Do & movable Do – useful for sight singing
- Inversions of the triads: 1st & 2nd inversions
- Color choice for the circle: six different colors to choose from
- Key regions: understand the relationship of the keys, useful for a key change & chord progressions
- Hide/Unhide Notes in the triad and interval parts
- Key Signature Quiz
- Graphics & design
- Performance & stability
- Scales & Triads
- Contents navigation
Features (Table of Contents)
1. Circle of 5ths in Flat, Major, minor, blank, minor and sharp
2. Circle of all 2nds, 3rds, 4ths, 6ths, 7ths, also changeable color of the circle.
3. Key signatures & regions – Treble, alto and bass clefs.
4. Key matrices – order of sharps & flats and reverse
5. Intervals - up to perfect 15th with harmonic and melodic sound
6. Drag & Drop – practice key signatures and chord progression
7. Triads – complete triads in root, 1st and 2nd inversions with sound
8. Scales – major, natural minor, harmonic minor and melodic minor
9. Solfége in both fixed and movable Do. Sound in slow and fast tempo
10. Formulas – Scale, chord and mode with sound
11. The overtone series with sound
12. Key Signature Quiz
‘Circle of 5ths’ collection series is a comprehensive library for all musicians, composers, music teachers, lecturers, professors, students at all levels and music enthusiasts. It includes various musical components such as key signatures, intervals, scales, triads and so on. They are essential for musicians. The series is designed to help to develop the aural perception as well e.g. relative pitch and perfect/absolute pitch.
‘Circle of 5ths’ series has all the contents that musicians have to know in a simple form. Use them as a handy reference as well as a study and teaching guide and for training of the ear. Learn, develop, maintain your musical knowledge and sharpen your ear with the series.
Memorizing and visualizing the diagram is highly recommended.