Remember to give feedback so I know what works and what doesn't
Ratings with one star and words "garbage, trash" etc without real cooperation to solve problems are not welcome and considered as pure hate.
• Read & Clear OBDii trouble codes.
• See trouble code description. (Permission from obd-codes.com)
• Internet connection.
• Location permission (needed by Bluetooth cause of Android's "Access to Hardware Identifier" change on Android 6.0 and up)
- No identity related or non sense permissions ever!
Does it work with my car?
• OBD-II is a standard protocol which has become widely available after ~1996, this being said all cars having OBD-II port should be able to work with this app because it's based on standard.
• Put car ignition on or start a car.
#Still not connecting
• Try other apps to verify ELM condition.
#Working at other apps but not in this
• Send email at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell your adapter version.
Could this app cause damage to my car?
• No. If you use normal unmodified ELM327 adapter, you are good to continue.
• Watch out for super bad quality models for possible bad soldering of internal components. That could cause short on cars OBD bus. Most of the cars have good protection for shorts circuits but still, be careful.
• Normal ELM dongles can't modify/write stuff into car's bus.
Small note if it has value for some people:
• I don't gather information about my users for example using analytics tools. That's why I don't know what my users like the most on my apps. This makes ratings with comments much more important.
So what is OBDii / OBD2
OBDii is an improvement over earlier OBD standards, it's meant for diagnostics. OBDii can deliver different kind of parameters for monitoring car components state in real time or see memory of detected trouble codes. Since it is based on standardization, any OBDii capable device can get data from any OBDii supported cars.
Use form: http://www.nitramite.com/contact.html