UDevTerm is a program designed to establish communication over OTG USB and virtual BT serial (RS-232/COM) port, BT low energy port, over Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct with such protocols as TCP, UDP. It currently supports FT232RL, CH340, PL2303 and CP2102 chipsets and Atmega16u2 chipset in Arduino UNO. UDevTerm is available in Starter, Pro and Ultimate sections. Starter section contains six editions: USB-, BT-, BT LE-, Wi-Fi-, USB/BT/Wi-Fi Starter and Toolbox. Professional section contains seven editions: USB-, BT/BT LE- , Wi-Fi-, Wi-Fi Direct-, USB/BT/BT LE-, USB/BT/Wi-Fi- and USB/BT/BT LE/Wi-Fi Direct Pro. Ultimate section currently contains seven editions as well: USB-, BT-, Wi-Fi-, Wi-Fi Direct-, USB/BT/BT LE-, USB/BT/Wi-Fi- and USB/BT/BT LE/Wi-Fi Direct Ultimate. Its minimum SDK version is 13 and target SDK version is 23. Editions with support of Wi-Fi Direct require minimum SDK version 14. BT low energy requires minimum SDK version 18 for client connection and version 21 for host connection. UDevTerm supports both smartphones and tablets. Flow control is currently not supported. Each edition contains a detailed tutorial. No root is required.
Try out UDevTerm USB Starter edition for free.
USB Pro includes a VT100/VT220 (WIP) terminal with interactive screen replacing keyboard arrow buttons functionality. It can be used to establish communication with routers such as EdgeRouter over CLI interface or to set up through AT commands transmission modules like BT HC-06, BT LE HM-10 or Wi-Fi ESP8266 module and to use them for data transmission. Messages can be written and sent from command line or input in terminal window. Window size, character set and font size of messages can be changed. Log files contain transmission records ordered by date.
In addition, USB Pro supports ascii, decimal, hexadecimal and binary representation of messages. Decimal, hexadecimal and binary representations allow easy real time message transmission and deletion as if message was written in ascii representation. USB Pro supports escape sequences. Message window supports single and split screen representation in which transmitted and received codes are written in separate windows, allowing to analyse transmitted and received signals in different representations (for example, send messages, as text, and receive messages, as hexadecimal values) in real time. Sequences in any format can be saved and modified for quick access
• Interactive VT100/VT220 (WIP) terminal. Smooth interpretation of gestures into cursor movements. Compatible with PC programs such as RealTerm, Tera Term, Extra Putty
• Communication over USB OTG UART serial (RS-232/COM) port
• Adjustable window and font size, character set
• Adaptation to device orientation changes
• Clickable web url links
• Log files with transmission records
• Communication with routers over CLI interface (tested on EdgeRouter Lite with Cisco cable)
• Communication with transmission modules like BT HC-06, BT LE HW-10 or Wi-Fi ESP8266 through AT commands
• Support of ascii, decimal, hex and binary messages
• Real time message transmission and deletion in decimal, hex and binary format, allowing to enter and delete messages like in ascii format. Ability to send and delete a number of repetitions of the same character in hex format in convinient form in real time
• Support escape sequences
• Save and modify sequences in any format for quick access, store command line last inputs
• Full screen and split screen for transmitted and received signals. Ability to represent transmitted and received signals in split screen mode in different formats in real time
• Accurately developed interface, processing of events such as usb detatch, etc
• Detailed built-in tutorial
current version 4.45