• In Apprentice Level 1, players move crates and recognize directions on horizontal or vertical number lines (-10 to 10) -- the main floor and elevator of Crate World, using math expressions with positive and negative integers and sometimes absolute values.
• In Apprentice Level 2, players find and move crates from side to side or up and down on Crate World, which has the appearance of a coordinate graph (-10 to 10).
• In Apprentice Level 3, players learn how to recognize and use direct routes (simple linear equations) to find and move crates.
• In Apprentice Level 4, players solve for missing variables in linear equations in order to reveal the routes and crate locations described in the equations.
• In Apprentice Level 5, players use common squares and square roots to calculate the shortest distances between crates and begin to use multi-step solutions to solve more complicated problems, including some with larger numbers outside of Crate World.
• Requires only single touches; players can also move crates by touching and dragging them from one location to another.
• Game-like environment provides immediate feedback in a non-busy setting conducive to thoughtful exploration.
• Self-contained; players will not see ads or have access to in-app purchases or the Internet from within this app.
Visit the website to download Apprentice Notes, which players can use if needed for background math information and examples.