Completion time – 2 hours
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
Balls: 5"; 1-1/2"; four 1"
Block, 12" x 6" x 1"
Cones: 12" x 4"; 6" x 3"
Disc, 6" x 1"
Eggs: 5"; 4"
Brushed-metallic satin-finish spray paint: platinu
Stone-texture spray paints: light tan; light brown
Pre-mixed lightweight acrylic spackling
Candle stub or paraffin
Firm paintbrush, 1"
Putty knife, 1"
Measuring cup and spoon
Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
Thick, white craft glue
1. Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Cut foam block in half, creating two 6" squares. Cut remaining foam shapes as indicated below; use glue gun to assemble pieces and let dry completely before and after painting. Refer to photo throughout.
Tall Finial -
2. Cut equal corners, about 1-1/4"-deep, from 5" foam cube to create octagon-shaped piece; glue to 6" foam square base. Glue 1" foam balls to base corners.
3. Cut four sides from tip of 12" foam cone to create 1"-tall pyramid shape; smooth side with fingertips.
4. Cut 1-1/2"-thick horizontal slice from center of 5" foam egg; glue to top of octagon. Twist cone base firmly against top of egg slice; glue to secure.
Short Finial -
5. For shorter finial, cut 5" foam ball in half; reserve one half for future use. Cut narrow slice from rounded top of half-ball. Glue half-ball to foam disc base.
6. Cut 1-1/2"-thick horizontal slice from bottom of 6" foam cone. Firmly twist bottom of this piece against top of half-ball until snug; glue to secure.
7. Cut narrow slices from tip and base of 4" foam egg. Center and glue top portion of 6" cone to narrow end of egg; they will not fit precisely. Make four straight, slightly diagonal cuts down sides of cone/egg to form pyramid shape with rounded bottom; tip of cone should be about 5/8" square. Glue pyramid shape to previously assembled pieces as shown.
8. Glue 1-1/2" foam ball to tip of cone.Painting -
9. For each finial, mix 1 c. spackle with 1 T. water in small bowl until smooth and easy to spread.
10. Using firm paintbrush, spread thin, even coat of spackle onto surface of each finial, covering top and sides only.
11. Use putty knife to smooth surface of spackle. Dip paintbrush in clean water to lightly smooth edges where excess spackle tends to accumulate. Let dry completely.
12. When dry, sand any imperfections. If needed, apply second light coat of spackle; let dry.
13. Spray paint finials with desired metallic- or stone-finish paint. Let dry completely.
for further information and detail tutorial, download this application now and you will have what you want.
please enjoy this tutorial and give us any feedback.