Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the course the students would be able to:
* Understand in great detail how and why different parts of an operating system work.
* Understand the engineering tradeoffs involved in the design of various sub-modules of an operating system.
* Understand how operating systems are structured, what are alternative OS architectures and how different modules interact together to form a cohesive and complex system.
* Write non-trivial programs in C or C++ that would invoke OS services via system calls in an efficient manner.
* Understand various contemporary research issues in operating systems e.g. security and protection, efficient memory management, I/O buffering, device handling, faster and more efficient file systems and OS architectures.
Note: This application doesn't require any credentials to use and neither it ask for any username/password. Its a free application that provides a support for students to access their lectures, slides and handouts without the need to login to the VLMS every time. This is a non-profit app and will always be. Thats why its FREE!!!