A number of powerful, unique and interactive features make this app so different and superior to others in the market:
• Is this food good for me? This feature answers the common question about suitability of various food items for your personal situation. And it does so in an easy to understand and colorful graphic form.
• Health issues often come our way in groups of two or more. They are often caused by other health complications or result in other illnesses. It is for that reason, that we have included separate guidelines for those who might be at risk with any of the following common conditions along with diabetes:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- diabetic retinopathy
- erectile dysfunction
- excess weight
- heart disease
- hearing loss
- high blood pressure
- high cholesterol
- high triglycerides
- kidney well-being
- nerve well-being
- skin well-being.
Also included are guidelines for DASH diet (recently recommended for diabetes).
• Food Suggestions. You can ask for suggestions on the best food choices within a food group, based on your personal profile. An extremely valuable tool when at restaurants or when grocery shopping.
• ACTIONABLE information on what is good, what is bad, and what is neutral for your condition(s). We single out specific food items, and give you an ordered list of helpful and harmful foods within each food group.
• Suggestions on appropriate life style choices, alternative therapies and herbal remedies, when such options are promising and available to you.
Suggestions presented in this app are based on the content licensed from Personal Remedies, LLC. The primary sources used by Personal Remedies are US government sources such as USDA (US Department of Agriculture), NIH (National Institute of Health) agencies, and leading clinics & universities.
Personal Remedies is the publisher of the largest collection of health and nutrition apps for chronic conditions in the market. It is based in metro-Boston, home to the highest ranking healthcare providers and academic institutions in the world.
This app is updated by our team on an ongoing basis. Updates happen seamlessly, and do NOT require frequent inconvenient downloads.
“This technology was developed using the most current clinical evidence-based information that is available in the US. Behind this technology there is a team of expert clinicians, scientists, endocrinologists, oncologists, and other specialists who are passionate about bridging the gap between expert knowledge and the patient.“
Katya Tsaioun, PhD, Nutrition, Tufts University; L.D.N.
“Proper nutrition and other alternative treatments show great promise in preventing and treating many of the illnesses that we deal with every day. I encourage all my patients to follow appropriate nutrition and research other options for themselves. The Choose This Not That series are an excellent step towards improving people’s knowledge in this area.”
Shahin Tabatabaei, MD
Mass General Hospital; Harvard Medical School
“The Choose This Not That series of apps provide dietary recommendations focused on common chronic health problems. They are easy to understand and thus easy to implement into daily life. Most doctors would find it difficult to discuss dietary recommendations at the level of detail found in the series. They should serve as a valuable complement in helping people manage chronic illnesses through dietary and lifestyle modifications.”
Andrew S. Lenhardt, MD
Lahey Clinic, Hamilton, MA