DietPlanner has several features:
1. There is nutritional information of about 20,000 foods contained within the program and not accessed from an external database.
No membership fees or subscriptions to a website or database are required.
2. The diet plan can be anything from just one food / drink to a complete meal, a whole day, several days or a whole week.
3. Diet Planner keeps a daily average for the days included. Days can be omitted from the average at will. Maybe you want to know what the average is with and without a bad day.
4. Save your plans and load earlier plans to view or modified. All newly saved plans need a new file name.
5. Email a complex breakdown of the data to yourself, or anyone else in your email app's address book. The information is listed by day, meal and food.
6. Input up to 9 foods in one go and at the same time add them to 1 - 7 days.
7. There is a Servings button for use when you are cooking a meal for eating over several days, or sharing.
8. View a graph of your intake for each day. The graph has a column each for salt, sugar, fat, saturated fat, carbohydrates, protein, fibre and calories. Each column is divided into meals so that you can see what effect each meal has on your target intake.
9. Compare 2 foods side by side.
10. Diet Planner uses the gender, age and activity level from the Healthkit app to set your personal attributes. The personal attributes then establish the target daily intake for the amount of salt, sugar etc.