Coming from uncharted lands to help keep your learners delightfully captivated, the Family Play dragon aims to bring an exciting and significant learning experience for your second grader in this new Dragon Second Grade Kids Learning Games School Edition.
Boasting twelve lovingly crafted exercises this dragon-themed educational tool was custom made for your second grader to provide a pleasant experience in their quest to acquire the key skills for Second Grade Math and English. The fun-filled English exercises highlights reading, writing and critical thinking skills through activities such as word-order, syllabication, spelling, and more. The Math drills on one hand, focuses on problem solving, making connections and decisions in real life through exercises in measurement, geometry, math operations, etc..
It boasts an interesting mix of activities that touches the following content areas:
1. Multiplication: the number sentence is illustrated by objects to help kids find the right answer
2. Place Value: helps identify the place value of a number in a multi-digit number.
3. Parts of a Sentence: enhance your grammar by identifying which is/are the noun(s), verb(s) or adjective(s) in a sentence
4. Alphabetical Order of words: exercise skills to arrange alphabetically.
5. Numbers: identify odd, even, and negative number as well as compare value of whole numbers
6. Spelling: practice spelling of Grade Two target words
7. Money: recognize coins and notes
8. Punctuation: hone writing skills by knowing the correct punctuations to be used (comma, colon, semi-colon, etc..)
9. Math: practice addition and subtraction and number sentences
10. Verb Tenses: develop grammar by identifying present, simple and future tenses.
11. Synonyms and Antonyms: widens vocabulary by learning antonyms and synonyms of target words.
1. Colorful interface with a dragon-themed animation and sound-effects
2. Provides a variety of interactive and stimulating activities in one sitting
3. Relevant and useful for second graders as it targets core skills on Grade 2 Math and English
4. Can be used as a supplement for second graders who are having difficulty with Math and English
5. Allows mastery of skills: some activities have many levels of difficulty
6. Can be used as a supplement for second graders who are having difficulty with Math and English
7. Reinforces learning with positive encouragement for correct answers and gentle redirection for incorrect ones
8. Two-in-One: covers fundamental skills in both Math and English
While acting as a channel for parent’s to bond with their children during family play time it can also be a tool for parents to become involved in their child’s learning through coaching. Parents can also monitor their children’s performance in each activity through the learning stat board that shows their scores and percentages.
This one is a must-have!