PLAY CATEGORY: Early Learning/Curriculum
9 ACTIVITIES BASED ON COMMON CORE STANDARDS
- Letter-sound and word activities
- Recognizing and naming lowercase letters
- Demonstrating knowledge of letter-sound correspondences
- Isolating and pronouncing sounds in CVC (consonant-vowel-consonant) words
WORDS & LETTERS: Teaches phonics through 9 different activities
- Learn the letter sounds for all consonants, short vowels and long vowels
- Practice spelling consonant-vowel-consonant (CVC) words
PARENT REPORTING: Includes a new reporting tool so parents and teachers can see how a child is progressing
DEVELOPED WITH EDUCATORS:
- Developed in conjunction with Stanford University Educator, Jennifer DiBrienza, PhD in -
Early Elementary Education and former NYC public school teacher (K-Grade 2)
- Tested extensively in Kindergarten classrooms
COMMON CORE STANDARDS: RF.K.1d, RF.K.2d, RF.K.2e, RF.K.3a, RF.K.3b
ABOUT DUCK DUCK MOOSE
(A wholly-owned subsidiary of Khan Academy)
Duck Duck Moose, an award-winning creator of educational mobile apps for families, is a passionate team of engineers, artists, designers, and educators. Founded in 2008, the company has created 21 top-selling titles and has received 21 Parents’ Choice Awards, 18 Children’s Technology Review Awards, 12 Tech with Kids’ Best Pick App Awards, and a KAPi award for “Best Children’s App” at the International Consumer Electronics Show.
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with a mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. Duck Duck Moose is now part of the Khan Academy family. Like all Khan Academy offerings, all Duck Duck Moose apps are now free, without ads or subscriptions. We rely on our community of volunteers and donors. Get involved today at www.duckduckmoose.com/about.
Check out the Khan Academy app to learn and practice all kinds of topics for elementary school through college and beyond.
We’d love to hear from you! Visit us at www.duckduckmoose.com or drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.