HOW IT WORKS
1. Restaurant pictures appear according to your location. (You’ll need to allow the phone to access your location to do this.)
2. Swipe right to “match” with a restaurant and save it to your Top Ten list. After ten saved listings, your previous saved places get bumped – but don’t worry! They’ll come back when you delete others from your list.
3. Swipe left to view the next listing.
4. Click on a photo for more details including reviews, a map and address. Swipe the photo from within this view to view more photos from the restaurant.
5. Go full-screen by clicking on any of the photos from this view – all the better to see the caviar on those oysters or glistening garlic in the secret sauce on that shawarma!
1. Categories and Custom Search Option
If you’re not finding the food you want, click on the categories menu in the top right of the screen and select anything from French restaurants to sushi to bakeries to brewpubs. The listings will appear according to what’s closest to you. To change what you’re searching for, head back to the categories page and reset the search or add new filters and hone in on what you’re craving.
2. The Best Food for Everyone
Feed Me doesn’t discriminate; we love everything from fancy restaurants to back alley dives. That way you can always find whatever kind of food you want.
3. It’s Easy to Use
Just log in and start swiping.
4. Feed Me Works Everywhere
Feed Me is available in 32 countries. If there’s a third-wave coffee shop in Singapore, New Zealand or Poland, we’ve got it.
5. Earn free food
Every time you refer a friend to the app and that friend downloads it, your name is automatically entered into a monthly draw for a restaurant gift certificate.
WHERE'D THE IDEA COME FROM?
While there are lots of restaurant mobile apps out there, Montreal-based food writer and founder Amie Watson saw a need for a more innovative one that made it fun and easy to search for what hungry diners wanted by swiping from restaurant to restaurant, gamifying the hunt for the best restaurants. She found that people were just as frustrated as her with other restaurant search apps that didn’t work well, weren’t very user friendly, didn’t have enough listings or didn’t provide a review that they could trust. To solve this problem, she took her journalism degree and more than a decade of experience in radio, television, newspapers, blogs and magazines and designed a mobile app that made it fun to search for what hungry diners wanted. She also wrote more than 1,500 original reviews of listings in Montreal alone.
It took a while…
…but her quirky writing style and experience, combined with the app’s swiping interface, makes Feed Me a necessary app for foodies (and anyone who likes food!). She’s constantly adding more reviews, trashing all the unsustainable sushi, poor service and nightmare meals she encounters along the way.
We eat three times a day – with Feed Me, you can make sure every time is awesome!