There simply is no better way to capture all the insights shared about being a Christian from Dr. Lloyd-Jones, one of the most famous and gifted preachers of all time.
In this series of 14 sermons, the good Doctor (as he was affectionately known) relays, “This is the fundamental thing, the most serious thing of all, that we are always in the presence of God.” Dr. Jones carefully explains several guiding principles for how to live given by Jesus in the Sermon on the Mount.
Throughout this series he will give guidance on prayer, fasting, and how to comprehend the depth of the Father’s love for his children which leads to “increasing faith” and freedom from worry. He also describes how the “Lord shows us the danger of the impact of the life of this world upon us, the danger of worldliness, the danger of living for the things of this life and this world, whether we have too much or too little, and especially the subtlety of that danger.”
The Sermon on the Mount is one of the most familiar passages in the Bible, but is also one of the most frequently misunderstood. For Dr. Jones, the failure of the church today to appropriate its message is a telling symptom of its superficiality, ineffectiveness and unattractiveness. He shows the remedy for the church’s lamentable weaknesses in Jesus’ lakeside teaching, which he explains and applies memorably.
With both audio narration and text, go back-and-forth from reading at the breakfast table, to listening while you commute to work, and reading again before bedtime. Just tap, and you can easily shift from one to the other—or follow along in the text as you listen!
Everything is built especially for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch, and you will enjoy the extensive features that come as part of the Folium enhancedAudio™ experience.
FEATURES: This app includes a professional recording by Kingfisher Audio’s narrator, Chris Allen and was mastered by John Keane Studios.
• EXPERIENCE. About 5 hours of narration. Created as a Folium PiP™ edition, this book includes the text as an enrobed, non–detachable accompaniment to the audio.
• EXTENSIVE “EXTRAS”.
- History of Dr. Lloyd Jones from Iain Murray
- Quotes about Lloyd Jones from John Piper, John MacArthur, and others
- Details of each hymn and bible verse by sermon
- Detailed glossary of terms and people
- Video commentary from the narrator
Go behind the scenes, learn more about Martyn Lloyd-Jones, discover the people and places he discusses, study the hymns and Bible verses he mentions, and expand your understanding of Jesus’ sermon.
• FUN STUFF. The app includes a collection of puzzles related to the lessons collected here.
• OFFLINE LISTENING. You are airplane-ready and subway-friendly! Once downloaded, listen uninterrupted without threat from a lost network connection. Downloads are usually just minutes, but depend upon your network speed.
Look for these other great titles from Dr. Martyn Lloyd-Jones:
• The Beatitudes: The Essential Nature of the Christian
• Salt & Light: The Function and the Purpose of the Christian in this Life
• The Law: The Relationship of the Christian to the Law of God
• Walking: Walking Under the Father’s Eye