• Remove region lock on your Exynos Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge.
• Change the product code of recent Samsung Galaxy devices without factory reset.
Did you purchase a region-locked S7 phone from abroad and didn't do a 5 minutes local call before returning home? No problem! Unlock it now with this app (tested against Galaxy S7 (G930F) & S7 Edge (G935F) only, but may work on other recent Exynos devices.) Product code change works on many recent Galaxy Exynos & Snapdragon devices. Rooted and unrooted devices are supported!
• Automatic EFS backup before applying changes. (Requires root.)
• Unrooted devices support through helper script to be run on PC.
• Immediate unlock and application of new product code without device reboot. (Unrooted devices will still require a reboot.)
• Free product code change for Exynos Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge.
Q. Will I have to re-unlock after I upgrade the firmware?
A. The unlock performed by this app is permanent and should continue working even after firmware updates (stock or custom) and factory resets. This is expected since it is applied to the EFS data which is unique for each device and is not part of firmware updates. The unlock should even survive an upgrade from Marshmallow to Nougat.
Q. Does it work with all firmware releases?
A. For product code change, all latest firmware releases should be supported. For unlocking though, only older firmware is supported.
Q. How do I know if my firmware is supported?
A. Simply run the app and use it! The app will always perform unlocking test so that you'd know with high certainty whether unlock is supported with your current firmware or not, before attempting the actual unlocking. The error "Failed to get lock level" indicates unsupported device/firmware.
Q. What if my firmware doesn't support unlocking?
A. The unlock method used is no longer available since around August 2016. Fortunately, you can easily download and flash an older supported stock modem to re-enable unlocking of your firmware.
Q. Why does the application timeout and say "Connection lost"?
A. The connection through which the app communicates with the modem requires the device to be unlocked and screen on for security reasons. If you continue to get "Connection lost", you may need to lock and unlock the device.
Fixing Unsupported Firmware:
1. Search sammobile for your device model; e.g. https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/SM-G930F/
2. Select the firmwares for your country.
3. Download an old firmware with release date before August 2016; e.g. G930FXXU1APEQ, G930FXXU1APB6
4. Open the downloaded ZIP archive.
5. Extract the modem file (the one starting with the CP_ string.
6. Download latest Odin (Odin_3.12.3 or above).
7. Click the CP button, browse for the extracted modem file and select it.
8. Don't touch anything else!
9. Make sure the device is charged and then enter the download mode (shutdown device, and then simultaneously press Volume Down + Home + Power Keep pressing till the download screen shows.
10. Wait for Odin to indicate being connected.
11. Press start! Don't touch anything and don't restart the device.
12. The progress bar should indicate the flashing progress. The device should start automatically when done.
13. Re-run the app and try unlocking.
14. Repeat steps 7-12 to revert to latest modem firmware.
The app connects to the device's modem and manipulates the nv_data.bin settings file. Make sure you have backups! We are not responsible of any damage that may happen as a result of incompatibility. This may include the loss of your IMEI code, which will render your phone unusable unless you can restore the nv_data.bin file. Unlocking and changing the product code may void your phone's warranty.