GRō is available on both the iPhone and iPad. This is a Universal app, so both devices are fully-featured and work hand-in-hand.
While it can be overwhelming to manage and teach, small group instruction is an extremely effective method of teaching that benefits both teachers and students. Designed by educators for educators, GRō was created to help you put time back in your day by making guided reading and other small group instruction easier and more efficient. No longer will you need to continually update paperwork and track groups in multiple binders.
Whether you are a classroom teacher or a specialist, you can now organize multiple groups, create and implement lesson plans, and track student data – all in one place!
GRō is simple to integrate into your existing guided reading and small group instruction routine:
- Create a roster where you can store personalized information to help track every student’s needs and progress.
- Create as many groups as you need for organizing students. Groups are fully customizable with unique names, colors, and meeting time. Update groups and students as often as needed.
- Use the calendar to keep organized and on track. See lesson plans at a glance to help manage your schedule.
- Simply choose the date and the group, then create a lesson plan. You have the option to choose between a general lesson plan template or a clean, simple and consistent guided reading template with drop down boxes that makes it very quick and easy to plan lessons.
- Each lesson plan will be stored so that you only have to write it once. Use a lesson plan over and over again for different groups.
- Take anecdotal notes on each student within the lesson plan. Notes are automatically collected and stored within the student’s individual page.
- Track your students’ reading progress and running record assessments. Use the data page during parent teacher conferences and other student data meetings.
Features you will enjoy include:
- Support for Fountas & Pinnell, Reading Recovery, DRA, Lexile, UK National Curriculum (NC), Accelerated Reader, Rigby PM, and IRLA.
- Save and recall lesson plans to use again and again.
- Export lessons for record keeping and accountability.
- Send copies of your lesson plans to other teachers.
- Export student data including all anecdotal notes and reading level history.
- Track the class average to quickly identify students needing emphasis and to help organize groups.
- Meeting times are easily visible, and the lesson plan timer keeps you on pace for schedule.
- Shift students between groups easily and as often as needed, including to more than one group.
- Send a student to another teacher (e.g. if they move classes)
- Share a student with another teacher so that both teachers can edit data and add track anecdotal notes.
- Books and other texts that are taught are stored so that they can be recalled quickly.