THIS Oxford Specialist Handbookincludes unique functions such as:
• A powerful search
• Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
• Notes and picture notes
About this title
Oxford Specialist Handbooks in Cardiology
• Presents up-to-date, evidence-based medicine in a straightforward manner
• Practical manual to aid everyday management of heart failure
• Deals with the entire spectrum of heart failure through to advanced care
• Will appeal to all healthcare professionals involved in heart failure
• Reflects current guidelines
• Provides algorithms for quick reference
• Key evidence based medicine references given
New to this Edition:
• Updated on the important advances in heart failure management since the last edition
• Thoroughly revised to reflect current guidelines
• New content and illustrations
Heart failure is an important and ever expanding sub-speciality of cardiology. Many health care professional bodies are now developing specialist expertise in heart failure. This is true for cardiologists in training, consultant cardiologists, care of the elderly and general physicians, cardiothoracic surgeons, primary care doctors, pharmacists and specialist nurses.
With advances in medical therapy, the prognosis of the condition has improved dramatically. Whereas once heart failure was a pre-terminal diagnosis, now for many it is treatable. However, some patients remain symptomatic and at high risk of death despite maximal medical therapy. These patients can benefit from a range of novel device therapies. For those who remain symptomatic despite optimal treatment cardiac transplantation remains an option.
This updated book comprehensively covers all aspects necessary to manage a patient with heart failure. It gives simple, clear advice on the diagnosis, investigation and treatment options available highlighting the current evidence-base. The chapters provide concise and objective information to guide all health care professionals involved in the modern day multi-disciplinary management of the syndrome. The book is set out logically to mirror the patient journey in heart failure.
An updated edition of the first practical manual of heart failure management.
Authors: Roy S. Gardner, Theresa A. McDonagh, and Niki L. Walker
MedHand Mobile Libraries offers a SUBSCRIPTION FREE application without edition upgrade. MedHand is the exclusive partner of Oxford University Press, publishing the latest editions of their Medical Handbooks in digital format.
MedHand offers the most trusted and well recognized medical guidelines provided by excellent publishers. MedHand delivers what you need, trusted knowledge at the point of care!
zdarma Změřit rychlost stahování
Změřte si jakou rychlostí můžete stahovat soubory do svého počítače nebo nahrávat soubory na internet