• The only app in the Play Store to feature gapless playback of MP3, AAC, FLAC and WAV files when playing to Chromecast devices (enable this feature via Settings > Chromecast)*
• Volume normalization (ReplayGain) when playing compatible FLAC files to Chromecast devices (enable this feature via Settings > Chromecast)*
• Plays music stored on a DLNA/UPnP media server or your android device.
• Shuffle entire library and/or any combination of albums, artists, genres etc regardless of the size of your music library (when using DLNA/UPnP, this requires a server that supports searching - most do).
• Easy to use and family friendly. Hi-Fi Cast will automatically re-connect to your selected media server and playback device.
• Home screen widget
• Three themes to choose from including an ultra-dark theme designed to reduce battery drain on AMOLED screens.
• Sleep timer
• Last.fm scrobbling
• Fast and efficient searching of your music collection regardless of size. Search for Albums, Artists and Songs (requires your UPnP/DLNA server to support searching).
• Designed for the largest (and smallest) music collections. Effortlessly scroll through thousands of albums, artists or songs at a time. Limited only by the capabilities of your UPnP/DLNA media server.
• Full shuffling capabilities (for UPnP/DLNA servers that support searching)
• Create local playlists
• Access your album booklets from within the app when using Minimserver as your Media Server.
• Playback to UPnP/DLNA renderers. If your renderer supports gapless, enable this via Settings > UPnP/DLNA (even if your renderer does not support gapless, enabling this setting may reduce gaps between tracks).
Chromecast Gapless Information*
• Gapless playback via Chromecast Audio and 'New' Chromecast devices is limited to WAV and FLAC files up to 24bit/96kHz and gapless compatible MP3 and AAC files. Gapless playback via the 'Original' Chromecast is limited to 16bit WAV and FLAC files and gapless compatible MP3 and AAC files. Your phone/tablet must remain connected to the local network during Chromecast gapless playback.
Chromecast Volume Normalization Information*
• Volume normalization is limited to FLAC files containing ReplayGain tags. Volume normalization via the 'Original' Chromecast is limited to 16bit FLAC files . Your phone/tablet must remain connected to the local network during playback when volume normalization is in effect.
• Hi-Fi Cast will stop playback and prompt you to upgrade to the premium version from time to time. If you decide to upgrade via the in-app purchase, your music listening will be entirely ad and interruption free.
Troubleshooting, Bug Reporting and Feedback
If you are having problems using Hi-Fi Cast or you have found a bug please contact us using the 'Send Feedback' menu item in the app, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hi-Fi Cast Help and Discussion Forum:
Become a Beta tester:
Internet Radio in this app is powered by SHOUTcast Radio:
Images used in the screenshots are licensed under the Creative Commons Zero (CC0) license: