Stimulate your problem-solving! The iDea Fan Deck was printed in 2012 as a problem-solving tool that enhances your creativity and innovation process. It is made up of 16 cards. Each card has prompting questions that help you to understand different perspectives, brainstorm new ideas, and further develop existing ideas. Whether you use the Fan Deck at the beginning or intermediary stages of your work, it can help to improve your solutions. The tool is divided into color-coded sections based on three problem-solving stages:
• Understand: Gain a deeper awareness of the problem at hand.
• Imagine: Drive your thinking and generate unique ideas.
• Iterate: Discover the potential for your solution by prototyping, assessing, and revising.
The mobile version of the iDea Fan Deck contains the original material along with additional features including exclusive design thinking content, note taking abilities, a “How To” guide, and more! As you work through your innovation process, the iDea Fan Deck app can prompt you through various challenges.
• Swipe through 16 content cards each with their own focused topic
• “Guide Me” takes you through a systematic approach which directs you to prompting questions you need
• “Spark Me” puts forwards a random prompting question to ignite your thinking
• Additional content to help you develop design thinking habits
• Track your progress in your “My Projects” log
• Integration with Facebook to share your experience or project with friends